Gravel is an extremely important component of all sorts of constructions be it a building, roads, asphalt paving or anything else. Many people think of gravel to be crushed gravel of extremely small size that is White or grey in colour. Although, this perception is right to a point but gravel is lot more than that. Depending upon the type of construction project you have at your hand, you might want to choose a certain type of gravel over others. In order to make a right decision about what type of gravel you want to use for your project, you need to become familiar with your options.Here are some different types of gravel, you need to be familiar with:
- Crushed Gravel This type of crushed clean gravel comes in several different sizes and shapes. This type of aggregate gravel is crushed repeatedly, screened to size and then washed. The washing of stone ensures that the material is free from dust and any other form of residue. This type of gravel is mostly used in the construction of driveways, residential and commercial drainage systems, paths and walkways, and in concrete.
- Pea Gravel: Pea gravel is the most important form of gravel due to a variety of reasons. These stones are smooth round and are available in a variety of colours. This type of gravel is mostly used in the construction of loose fill driveways or paths and attractive patios. It is also used to create playground surfaces in schools and parks.
- Marble chips: White marble chips are also considered to be a type of gravel when available in smaller size fragments. This form of gravel is extremely popular due to its beautiful and aesthetic look and feel. They are commonly used for flower beds, gardens, and as surfacing materials for walkways and paths.
- Rip Rap : Also known as shot rock, rock armour or rubble. It is rock or other material used to armor shorelines, streambeds, bridge abutments, pilings and other shoreline structures against scour and water or ice erosion.
- Limestone Products : is a sedimentary rock composed largely of the minerals calcite and aragonite
Payless Sand and Gravel offers a wide variety of choices in gravel which can be used in whatever construction requirements you have. Let us know your requirement and we’ll send you the sample of the gravel that we source, so that you can check the quality of our product.